Royal Roads University captures identification data from visitors to our website only for security, statistical and reporting purposes.
In compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the University does not disclose information about any particular website visitor to external organizations or individuals.
All information is retained only for the time periods needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Royal Roads University complies with the B.C. Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any personal information gathered by the university relates directly to and is necessary for its essential operating programs and activities.
Code of Conduct - Netiquette
The simple rules of thumb are to keep on-topic and be respectful of others Our platform aims at fostering Learning, Innovation, Collaboration beyond your time at Royal Roads and we want people to have a good experience when they are here. Anything that supports this aim is encouraged, provided it does not violate the code of conduct listed below:
By using this site, you agree that you will not post, publish or submit as work any of the following material:
- Material that infringes the copyright of another person (plagiarism, or passing off other peoples material as your own) or copyright material not referenced or acknowledged.
- Unauthorized posting of personal information (names, address, phone number, email etc.) of other users.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
- Material which defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- No Flaming; there is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern or grievance and simply badmouthing or some other form of written abuse of someone or some service. These will be deleted upon discovery.
- Posts or other material which is deemed inappropriate by the site administrators or appropriate team managers will be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate the Terms of Service may lose their account permanently.
- Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of RRU Learning & Innovation Space.
- All users are required to provide a valid email address where they can be contacted at any time.
- Any person actively using these sites is implicitly agreeing to these rules regardless of whether they have been read or not.
If you are unhappy about anything which you see anywhere on our sites, please email Support on this site.